Six mistakes to avoid during pubic hair removal2 min read
Whether you want to tidy up the bikini line or take it all off, removing the unwanted hair from down there, is a daunting task for many of us. With all those nooks and sensitive skin, pubic hair removal is a tricky task to clean/shape and style feminine garden down there. It can be really hard to do it properly, and mistakes do happen. Whether you want to keep it or not, it’s a personal choice; however if you prefer to shave/trim or wax it on your own, then it is essential to know if you are doing it in right way. So let us have a look at some common mistakes that you can avoid during pubic hair removal.
Using the wrong tools- Never use a blunt/old razor for shaving- it is very important to use the right tools to get the results effectively.
- Many of us just take a razor and start to shave. Always use good quality razors for shaving down there. Make sure the razor does not have any rust. Using an old/blunt razor simply means making yourself prone to cuts and nicks.
- Dry shaving is another big mistake that many of us do unknowingly. Not lathering up properly can increase the chances of irritation and razor burns. This is the worst thing for your skin, as it makes your skin prone to irritations and skin infections as well.
- Using highly fragrant gels/shaving creams/soaps down, there can simply mean an increased risk of irritation as such creams and gels can contain chemicals and can cause irritation to the sensitive parts.
- Shaving/trimming before waxing – Whether you are seeking the help of professional or doing it yourself, waxing hair that is of the wrong length can be a big mistake. If the hair is more than 1 / 4 inch in length, then you can cut it down to a few centimeters using good quality bikini trimmers. This trimming down will save time and reduce skin irritation as well.
- Shaving against the direction of hair growth- are you one of those who believe that they get smoother skin when they shave in the opposite direction of the hair growth? Well, it is recommended to shave in the direction that your hair is growing in. If you shave in the opposite direction, it can cause irritated skin, annoying red bumps to the sensitive area.
- Not holding the skin tight- may it be waxing or shaving down there, holding your skin tight is very important to remove unwanted hair effectively. This also helps in making the hair removal process less painful.
All above are some of the common mistakes made while removing pubic hair. Maintaining proper skin moisturizing and exfoliating routine and taking proper care of the sensitive areas after pubic hair removal is of great importance.